Welcome to Stephen Bennett’s online office. From this page you can get information on many of the common requests that we receive. You can still contact us by phone,  email or facebook,  but you may find the links on this page allow you to find the information you need. If you have difficulty finding what you require, or need to talk to someone, please phone the office on (07) 4111 5100 and we’ll be happy to assist.

Find more information about your region through the following links:
Bundaberg Regional Council
Gladstone Regional Council

To keep up-to-date with all the latest news, subscribe to Stephen’s E-Newsletter (available at the bottom of this page!)

Looking for funding?

Funding for community and not-for-profit organisations can be obtained from a number of sources ranging from the Community Benefit Funding Programme, Local Authorities and State and Federal agencies. Click here to access a Queensland Government site which lists many funding opportunities. The Queensland Government has also set up a Grant Wizard website to assist finding grant opportunities.

Request a letter of support for a grant

If you need a letter of support for your funding grant application, please contact the office with the details of your organisation’s application.

Electoral enrolment

If you are ready to enroll to vote for the first time or have changed your address, you will need to fill out an electoral enrolment form which can be downloaded through the Australian Electoral Commission website. AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections. To download the form click on this link which will take you to the AEC “Electoral Enrolment Forms – All States and Territories” page.

If you have questions about voting, elections or electorates you may find the answers by visiting the AEC website.

Request for congratulatory message

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating a significant birthday (90 or 100) or wedding anniversary (50, 60, 65 or 70 years) please click on this link to download and print the official form. If you require any further information please contact the Premier’s office on (07) 3225 8440

School Term Dates for 2016

The following term dates apply to all State Schools in the electorate:

Term 1 – Wednesday 27 January – Thursday 24 March (9 weeks)
Term 2 – Monday 11 April – Friday 24 June (11 weeks)
Term 3 – Monday 11 July – Friday 16 September (10 weeks)
Term 4 – Tuesday 4 October – Friday 9 December (10 weeks)

Do you want to be a JP or Commissioner for Declarations?

Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations are highly-respected members of the community who play an important role in modern society. They are voluntary workers in Queensland’s legal system and perform a range of judicial and administrative functions.

In a complex legal environment these people provide a variety of specialized services to the legal system and the Queensland public.

The duties of a JP (Qualified) are more onerous than those of a Commissioner for Declarations. If you need more information, please read the Justice Department Fact Sheet by clicking on this link.

Application forms are available from Steve’s Electorate Office, or you can download forms by clicking here

JPs in your neighbourhood

If you need the services of a JP in your suburb just click on this link which will take you to a State Government site with a complete listing by suburb.

If you’d like a list of JP services available in local shopping centres, please click this link

Request a Queensland flag

Organisations, generally not-for-profit or community groups, may be eligible for a free Queensland flag if they meet the conditions issued by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.

Those eligible include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, other youth organisations, service associations such as Rotary and Lions, welfare and ethnic organizations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades and the like.

Queensland teachers and students who have been accepted into an overseas educational institution are eligible to receive one for presentation to that institution.

Applications may be made by emailing or writing to the electorate office. If you need more information regarding eligibility, please contact our office.

Parliament House tour bookings

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too. If you wish to organize a tour, please contact the Electorate Office on (07) 4159 1988. If Steve is in Parliament on the day, he may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you want to find more information directly from Parliament House, please click on this link for Parliament House tours.